Friday, October 29, 2010

Beings are cruel and they don't even know it.


On my venture home with a few friends I noticed a bird flapping around on the ground. I thought it was funny that he/she wasn't flying away with us walking so close. So I took a closer look. What I thought I saw was a bird snacking on something, little did I know I was totally wrong. Then I noticed he/she was trying to fly away, but something was holing it down. As I leaned closer to help nudge what I thought would be a heavy stick on his/her feet, then I yelped. I couldn't hold it back because what I saw was a bird stuck along with a mouse to a Glue Trap. It was horrible. I didn't know what to do. I looked at my friends in disbelief. How could anyone be so mindless to throw a glue trap outside (and just use it in general) Glue traps are one of the cruelest methods of killing animals that exists today. It traps any small helpless animal on the glue, sometimes ripping parts of skin and fur completely off, and if the animal doesn't get away with missing body parts or fur, it is left helpless for days until it dies of starvation or dehydration. We all sat there staring, and I decided we couldn't just leave it there. So I told one of my friends to run and get a scissor so I could cut him/her free. When she got back we where all where she had left us surrounding the small scarred bird. I grabbed the scissors and begun to cut. I couldn't handle it though. The bird was flipping and probably twisting his/her feet to the point of breaking them. I passes it to one of my friends who finally got the bird cut free from the dead mouse. He/she was still hurt badly and wasn't flying away and stuck to a good portion of the glue trap. When they convinced me that I had done all the good I could for the bird by freeing him/her from the dead mouse they got me to go home. I called my campus security to inform them of the bird they will probably have to put out of it's pain close to my dorm and their reaction was almost like I was crazy for caring about this. This is a huge problem, just because the bird can't knock on whosoever door did this to him/her and tell them that he/she suffered because they where too lazy to properly dispose of the glue trap, doesn't mean it wasn't completely ignorant of them to do.

RIP










Align Center

No comments:

Post a Comment